Do you want to purchase new brake pads for your Nissan Altima? Do you want to replace your existing brake pads? Are you looking for the best brake pads for the Nissan Altima?
If the answer of any of the above mentioned questions is yes then you are at the right place. In this article you will get to know all about brake pads, features of best brake pads and some of the best brake pads for your Nissan Altima.
About Nissan Altima
Nissan Altima is a well known midsize car which is manufactured by a prominent Japanese automaker called Nissan. This midsize car is a perfect blend of comfort, uniqueness and innovation. Altima consists of various amazing features with an amazing interior look. The vehicle is well reputed for its stability and functionality. It is considered one of the best midsize cars.
About Brake Pads
Brake pads are one of the main and most important components of a braking system. Their primary role is to create friction opposite to the brake rotors which are responsible for slowing down the speed of the vehicle and stopping it. There are many different types of brake pads. Some of their best types are as follows:-
- Organic or Non Metallic Brake Pads – As the name suggests these brake pads are made up of organic materials such as rubber, glass, etc. As these pads are organic they do not produce much voice and are quieter. However they have a possibility of wearing out in a short period of time.
- Semi Metallic Brake Pads – These brake pads are manufactured by making use of mixed materials such as copper, steel, etc. these types of brake pads are mainly used in vehicles that need higher braking performance such as trucks or other vehicles used for the purpose of towing.
- Ceramic Brake Pads – Next comes our ceramic brake pads which are made up of ceramic materials and fibers that are non metallic in nature. These brake pads give an amazing performance. They produce less noise and a very low amount of dust.
- Low Metallic or NAO (non – asbestos) Brake Pads – these brake pads come under the category of organic brake pads. These pads are known for giving an effective braking performance by producing less noise and dust.
Features of A Good Brake Pads
A good brake pad consists of various amazing features some of which are as follows:-
- Consistency:- A good brake pad should be consistent and reliable. This means that the brake pad should be capable of stopping the vehicle immediately. It should not need an excessive pedal effort to stop the vehicle.
- Minimum Noise Production:- you should go for a breakfast which produces a minimum level of noise as the production of so much noise can annoy the driver or other people present in the vehicle. This can also affect the concentration level of the driver. In addition it can lead to noise pollution which is not good for the environment.
- Minimum Dust Production:- although no brake pad can completely prevent the production of dust but a good brake pad will produce dust as minimum as possible. Thus, you should go for a brake pad which produces minimum dust.
- Heat Absorption:- a good brake pad will be capable of absorbing the heat produced by the vehicle. There are various brake pads which are not capable of bearing heat due to which they get damaged and get worn out in a short duration of time.
- Highly Durable:- a good brake pad should be durable which means that it should have a long life span. There are some brake pads which get easily worn out in a short period of time. This also leads to the wastage of money in buying brake pads again and again. A good brake pad should be capable of maintaining their effectiveness with time.
- Compatible:- you should go for the brake pads which are highly compatible so that they can work effectively and efficiently with your vehicle.
- Environment Friendly:- a good brake pad is environment friendly which means that it should not produce a lot of heat, noise or dust.
- Certifications:- there are a few certification marks such as SAE (Society of automotive engineers) which makes sure that a brake pad is of high quality and is safe for use. You should go for brake pads with the above mentioned or any other certification mark.
Best Brake Pads for Nissan Altima
You may have a look at some of the best brake pads for Nissan Altima which are highly preferred and used by millions of people all over the world.
Nissan OEM Brake Pads
- These brake pads are manufactured by a well known brand, Nissan.
- These brake pads have an amazing quality and they are highly effective.
- These are a part of auto accessory.
- They are imported from Japan as Nissan is a Japanese brand.
- These are inexpensive, lightweight and durable pads and they do not produce much noise.
For getting more information about the product or for purchasing it, you may have a look at the below mentioned website :-
Bendix Premium Copper Free Ceramic Brake Pad
- Another brake pads that you can go for are these Bendix Premium Copper Free Ceramic brake pads.
- These amazing brake pads are highly durable.
- They have been manufactured by using high quality ceramic material.
- They have the OE certification mark.
- They are 100% copper free.
- They come with a four layered noise cancellation shim.
I recommend these ones as they come with amazing features and they are highly appreciated by millions of users all over the world.
For Getting More Information About The Product Or For Purchasing It, You May Have A Look At The Below Mentioned Website:-
- These brake pads offered by Bosch, a popular brand are also a good choice.
- They have been manufactured using high quality ceramic.
- They have an OE specification mark.
- These brake pads are copper free.
- They come with an OE style rubber core shim and a powder coated backing plate which prevents rust and makes them highly durable.
- These pads have been engineered and manufactured in North America.
For getting more information about the product or for purchasing it, you may have a look at the below mentioned website:-
KFE Ultra Quiet Advanced Premium Ceramic Disc Brake Pad
- You can also go for these brake pads offered by KFE Brake Systems.
- They have been manufactured using high quality ceramic.
- They are highly consistent and effective.
- They are capable of controlling the speed of the vehicle within a very short duration.
- They have OEM fitment.
- They produce very little noise.
For Getting More Information About The Product Or To Purchase It, You May Have A Look At The Below Mentioned Website:-
Detroit Axle Ceramic Brake Pads w/Hardware, Brake Fluid and Cleaner
- These amazing brake pads are sold by Detroit Axle, a well known brand which is specialized in brake pads.
- These brake pads come with OEM specifications.
- They are highly durable.
- They offer amazing performances.
So, this was all about brake pads that you can prefer for your Nissan Altima. There are a lot of highly preferred brake pads with good ratings, some of which have been mentioned in this article. You can purchase any of the above mentioned brake pads keeping in mind the features and comparing them with your requirements and the type of your vehicle.
FAQs Of Best Brake Pads For Nissan Altima
How to Get The Right Brake Pad For Your Driving?
If you want to get the right and the perfect brake pads for your driving then you should keep in mind some factors such as your vehicle type, driving style, driving conditions, etc.
Which Brake Pads Are Better:- Lightweight Or Heavy?
Lightweight brake pads are better than heavy ones as they give enhanced performance by improving the efficiency of fuel.
How To Increase The Life of My Brake Pads?
To give your brake pads a long life, you should not drive in an aggressive manner. You should practice driving smoothly. You should have good control over your brakes.
Matthew Allen is a San Francisco-based blogger and writer with over 5 years of experience in the tech, productivity, and personal development space. His blog, Myreks.com, has over 1000 monthly visitors. He is also the author of the book “The Fit Tech”, which has been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and Forbes.